Saturday, January 9, 2010

{beka}


Ever have way too many flowers? A need to use up some of my flowers was definitely what inspired this layout (a perfect dozen in total were used on this layout). I think it came out pretty nice. I also use a lot of different techniques and tools on this layout -- Glimmer Mist is used on the lace paper toward the lower left hand corner, Stickles are used on the flower, flower centers, and to create a few flourishes around the flowers. Tearing/distressing of the main patterned paper is also used -- this is a lot of fun if you haven't tried it before. Also, you don't need those expensive tools everyone wants you to buy -- seriously you're taring paper. I just use the junction of my scissors and a little old fashion elbow grease for the tiny tares.

Oh, and the butterfly is very fun! It is made from a chipboard cutout of a butterfly which I painted and then added a butterfly sticker (applied to green velum) over the top and adhered with three brads for the "body" of the butterfly. I left the wings of the stickers slightly folded up to create the taking flight effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment