Saturday, January 9, 2010

4 of us


I really really like this layout! Not only is it featuring my favorite subject (my family) but it also have gorgeous colors, butterflies, and I think it just looks stunning! I hand cut the butterfly patterned paper (some paper I'd been saving from S.E.I.- Bridgeport collection) to shape, then cut it to flow onto and off the page. The rest of the layout just came together after that. With B&W photos it is so easy to really focus on the layout color combos. In this case - sea foam green, charcoal, black, and off-white. The butterfly papered paper had a slight sheen to it, so I followed that when I choose my buttons to add to the layout. Also, did you see my little birdie? How cute, right?! I just couldn't help myself -- I've had some flocked lace type ribbon for some time with these little birds and flowers -- I trimmed the birds and flowers off to use just a strip down the page. But, I decided last minute to add just one little birdie. The title of course is using my favorite letters -- American Craft Thickers -- two different fonts and mediums. I just love mixing these up for my titles.

No comments:

Post a Comment