Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Beautiful


Ever since I took this picture I've wanted to scrapbook it in a really special way. I think I finally did that today when I used an interesting outline technique I've done before but this time I went a little more elaborate on the embellishments. The colors of this layout were inspired by all the vibrant colors I saw while in India (where this photo was taken) back in 2008. I certainly used a good collection of bling on this page with Stickles, Rhinestones, and even shiny paper! The main photo is also covered with a 5"x7" overlay I'd had around and was waiting to use on something fun!
The best thing about this layout is the teal tab at the top of the photo area... yup, hidden journaling that slips behind the photo itself.
I wanted to talk about this image and what feelings it invoked in me, but I didn't really have room on the layout! Again, not my first time with the hidden journaling technique, and I like how it turned out. If you're ever thinking of doing something similar, the one suggestion I can give is to plan it out ahead of time. Double and triple check the adhesive areas and then finally -- here is the best part -- have a stop and/or guide points for the journaling to sit against. Otherwise I've found that the journaling just goes all over the place and can really detract from your layout when it doesn't sit in the right place.

No comments:

Post a Comment