Saturday, December 26, 2009

Copy a Card

Man! I don't think I like glitter rub-ons! I tried to use my first one today and just about tossed it out! If it wasn't such a pretty thing (and expensive!) I would have given up. However, some acrylic and some diamond glaze later and the thing was saved!


I decided to try and use the saved butterfly glittery rub-on it on a copy of a previous card that I made. With a change in color pallet -- the 1st card was in red tones and the second in green and blue tones - the card looks fairly different. I LOVED the way the 1st card looked. And the second take wasn't too bad -- but not as good as the first one.

This card layout was inspired by another card, but it really took on a little life of its own as I worked through putting it together. The bling of the butterfly was a bit of a challange to balance out on the card -- I finally decided to use a more natural fiber strip piece to help with that balance.

So, now what am I going to do with the rest of the sheet of glitter rub-ons!?! Well, this is really sad but I might just cut them out and adhere them the old fashion way -- with glue and give up on the whole rub-on chore! HAHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment