Saturday, April 24, 2010

MORGAN the kid - Using Circles

I was feeling like all my layouts lately were really linear... so here are some circles for a change! This is a really basic layout with detail that makes it pop! I just love how I got to use a tone of my scraps to make the various circles (I love my 1 1/4" circle punch!). The trick here is to use a lot of variety in colors. I also like to add in textures like the Swiss Dot, Velvet, and crimping.
Here is some detail of both the flower cluster and my faux stitching created with just a EK Success Cutter Bee Bug and a pen.
More texture was added by crimping the main title (cut with the Provo Craft Cricut - Road Sign cartridge) and popped up with foam to keep the dimension as well.


Products:
  • Cardstock: lgt brown, drk brown, green, white, and drk green
  • Swiss Dot: blue and lgt blue
  • Various print papers (7Gypsies paper - Gypsy paper market: Moe; October Afternoon, Night Light: Louie & Night Light: Charles ; DCWV The Glitter Cardstock Stack; DCWV The Mariposa Stack; Dream Street Papers LLC, Rue - All Dolled Up; American Crafts Paper; BoBunny, Shabby Princess: Anna Sophia Bold Floral; Wild Asparagus : Mother;
  • Doodle Bug Designs, Inc., Crushed Velvet Cardstock
  • EK Success 1 1/4" circle punch
  • EK Success Cutter Bee Bug
  • Provo Craft Cricut - Road Sign cartridge
  • Various manufacture flowers
  • Red jewel brad
  • Green glitter brad
  • Prima Flower - Rose
  • Zig Calligraphy Pen - black
  • Crimper/roller
  • American Crafts Thickers Patchwork: fabric black

No comments:

Post a Comment